- Been a long time since I've blogged.
- My life has changed dramatically.
- Perhaps my blog should reflect that?
- We have a new addition to our family.
- Our diet has changed dramatically.
- I have cabin fever and need an adventure - soon!
|You can see the furs inside and reach in.... can you touch snow?|
|The sticker on the inside of the wardrobe.|
|CS Lewis' writing desk.|
It's also a very beautiful area. Once you get back in the woods you don't even realize that you're right next to I55 and Harlem Avenue. (Very, very busy area here in Chicago). Very peaceful and if you're quiet you'll see some critters!Chicago owes its very existence as a city to the location of the Chicago Portage. Longused by Native Americans, the portage was revealed to French explorers Pere JacquesMarquette and Louis Jolliet in 1673. It provided an easy connection between the Atlanticand the Gulf of Mexico by linking Lake Michigan with the Mississippi River. Jollietsuggested then a that a short canal cut through the portage area would create avital transportation and trade connection.