Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Curiosity Cabinet

I've been a collector all my life.  Rocks, fossils, bones, feathers.... you name it.  People know this and bring me things.  Even people who don't know me send me things!  A co-worker of my husbands sent home a piece of petrified wood from the Holy Land told the hubby "women love rocks".  He knew.  I have a jar of rocks collected from all over the United States.  (I forgot to take a picture of that).  Not all my rocks fit in there, they're all over the house.  This is my (and the husbands) attempt at keeping my favorites in one place.

Here's the whole cabinet
This is our baptism picture along with rocks from the river where my entire family was baptized last summer!

My moon globe.

Shells from Sanibel & Captiva Island.

Bones, rocks, horseshoe crab, big pine cones....


Reminds me of all the adventures
 we've been on.

What do you collect and how do you have it displayed?
Snake skin (from our snakes) emu & ostrich egg from tour of ostrich farm in California.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I collect keychains, but they are in containers, stored away - no room to display much here.