Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snowshoeing?



My kids bought me show shoes for Christmas. Our weather here in Chicagoland has been so goofy! Mostly it's been in the upper 30's-40 degree weather. Lots of rain too. But on a (though it seems) rare occasion - we get snow!

I was finally able to test drive my snowshoes and I'm in love! I walked up and down the block while my husband snowblowed the neighbors walkways. It was dark and late so I didn't want to venture too far away. Who was watching our 10 yo anyway? I can't wait to take them out to the woods. Watching the weather ever so closely these days. Hoping and praying for a snow storm.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

What a neat gift to get! Have fun hiking in the woods with those!

MamaTea said...

Good to know that your snowshoes are working out. What a nice Christmas present! That is one thing my kids would also like to get into. Looks fun!