Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Desperate for an adventure

Seems like I'm spending my life in the truck. Driving one child here or there, then the other. While I have them in the vehicle, I thought we'd take a quick drive.... to Resurrection Cemetery. I know, I know, why take your kids to the cemetery? For one, the history. You can learn quite a bit and spark some curiosity about local/national legends who have gone on. Two - you can letterbox, in good weather. Three - you can see this:


I am seriously craving some adventure. I don't know how long the cemetery deer will hold me for. The bald eagles have returned to Starved Rock - I see a road trip in my future!!!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I know what you mean! I am trying to plan a "mystery road trip" for dh and I.

MamaTea said...

Deer right there in the cemetary! Great pictures! I know what you mean about taking the kids to the cemetery. At our old house there was one about 1/4 mile up the road and we'd walk there all the time. Discussed lots of history there...but we never saw deer. ;)